Tuesday, August 4, 2009

On the road


I didn't even fall asleep on the 7-hour trek to Cypress Hills. This is quite the feat, as anytime I'm in a vehicle with the motor running my Pavlovian response is to pass out.

The Boy's parents live in the [inter]provincial park, and it's always a giant nature love fest to go visit. Seriously. Watching the fawn frolicking in the backyard as we were roasting hotdogs had me so enthralled I didn't even think of my camera. We toured the Conglomerate Cliffs, had a picnic lunch at the most delightful little campground, tested out my birthday golf clubs, and hit up the Cypress winery.

It was a long weekend that felt like a week. A much needed rest. It even eased my no-money woes... for now.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I need to get out of the city more. Those photos have me craving big trees and wide open spaces.

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful photos...

Kaye Bee said...

Do you know what else can ease your no-money woes? Loving me. ;)

Anonymous said...

My thought as I looked at those pictures? I HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE! I so want a little break away from day to day life.

Glad you got some much needed rest!