Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dwight Schrute knows best

[via flickr]
Our vacation this year is short. We're expanding the September long weekend by taking two vacation days so we can frolick through the mountains to the Okanagan and drink some wine.

This morning I nailed down a (very affordable) reservation at a little B&B in Kelowna for two nights which includes a full day wine tour with the proprietor, a wine writer and educator. We had planned on camping, but with the recent fires (and the resulting fire bans) it just didn't work out. So now, we'll be camping in Yoho National Park, hopefully staying with some Edmonton friends in Vernon, and enjoying this adorable little B&B. I was worried a bit, I've never been to a B&B before and it's just so cheap.

This little snippet from the Boy this morning, via email, made all my concerns disappear. It's all coming together. I checked the place out on trip advisor, as Dwight Schrute said Trip Advisor is the lifeblood of the B&B industry. It has four reviews all 4 or 5 out of 5.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Dwight knows everything! Is that from the episode where Pam and Jim stay at his beet farm? Funny stuff.

Leanne said...

It sure is!

Sarah said...

Ha ha! If I didn't already just assume that your fella would be awesome based on the fact that he dates you, that quote would have confirmed it.

Mandy said...

Mountains and wine are a perfect combination. I really enjoy staying at B&B's, for the most part they are incredibly charming little places that make me want to quit my job, move to New England and start my own equally charming place.

Anonymous said...

It sounds awesome! I've never stayed in a B&B - maybe in December (my holiday month) J and I will give it a go? :)

Kyla Roma said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds wonderful! Our honeymoon is starting on Sept. 26th and I'm already counting down. Can't wait!!