Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Oh Nine.

2009 is getting exciting. The year is already filling up fast with visits and events, and it's only six days in. I haven't even made any resolutions yet! Oh wait, I don't do that. I have goals, things I hope to accomplish, but I don't have anything that will result in being heartbroken or disappointed if things go off course.

This year, I plan on getting a new address book and keep it organized all proper. I love sending real mail, but it makes it less of a surprise when I have to ask the recipient for their address days before "surprises" appear in their mailbox. We get so tied up in the online world and the ease of connecting with people at any time, that we forget that technology is not the be-all and end-all of relationships. As we grow older, and people start to slow down the post-secondary, post-university moving around, it's good to keep track of people's addresses.

The year already includes going to the mountains yet again (somewhere different this time), hosting a wine and cheese party (it's been on the agenda for a while), going home for a visit, participating in the Canadian Cancer Society's Relay for Life, Kaye's (hopeful) summer stint in Edmonton, consolidating what I've accumulated in (by that time) what will be three years in the same apartment (the longest ever, since moving out of my parents' place), moving in with The Boy and paying off my student loan. As friends and family have received shiny rings over the holidays, there's bound to be some weddings in the mix at some point... unless they all hold off until 2010.

Oh, and next week, I'm stirring the pot at work with a new media analysis plan. Weee!

As your reward for reading through this post, here are some pictures of where I've been the past week.
Cochrane has the best ice cream ever. So creamy and delicious. What flavour did I get, you ask? Bubblegum. I'm a child.

3 comments:

The Dutchess of Kickball said...

I love address books, they are all so cute. I used to be terribly addicted to buying them, but I never really kept them updated and switch into a new one a year later anyway, I finally realized going computerized was the most efficient way. But I do still love to caress them. Is that weird?

Kyla Bea said...

It sounds like you have so much on the go! This is going to be a fantastic year for you, the ice cream is an omen!

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you on the snail mail.. I think we should start some sort of letter/photo swap or something. Mail is such a fantastic thing, I'll never give up on it. *smile*