Monday, December 29, 2008

Holly Jolly Christmas

Christmas was pretty fabulous, though most of the present opening was done before the actual day. I totally won Christmas, according to the Boy, receiving lots of board games and Wii games and wine and a pretty shiny necklace and so on. I then insisted that everyone play every game in the universe with me, multiple times. Because that's how I roll.

We went for a walk around the lake and it was very cold. But then we drank to get warm. Hurray.
There were deer everywhere. No mooses, but I saw more deer than I ever needed to see in my life, a herd of antelope (after I told the Boy to wake me up on the way home if he saw another one... he commented on how we had passed two already), and some elk. All kinds of antler-ed creatures. When I was taking things to the car as we were about to leave, about a dozen deer were starting to move in on me. Zombie deer after my brains. Fortunately, the Boy opened the door and since he has no brains, the deer backed off. Phew. Kidding. His brain is real big and full of math and science. The wii told us so. And even more importantly, it said my brain is even bigger, even if math and science are no good.

Canadian Badlands are much prettier and kind of less badass when everything is covered in snow.

Rawr! It's the world's largest dinosaur!

And the world's tallest teepee.
One more day of work and then it's off to ring in the new year in the Canadian Rockies with 10 of our most-available-for-spending-New-Year's-in-the-mountains friends. I would kind of like a nap. All of this travelling has made me exhausted.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

hahaha "I totally won Christmas"
Oh you and I would just get along like a house on fire. I spent 80% of my holidays making people play board games with me!

Also, tag! You're it.

The Dutchess of Kickball said...

Holy crap that is a lot of antlers!