Sunday, October 25, 2009

Three hundred beers

We make fun of ourselves for acting old. For enjoying a bottle of wine and playing cribbage, boggle or rummy. For making supper together and watching downloaded TV for the rest of the night.

Friday was the opposite of old and boring. It was slow dancing in the living room, a serenade while I wrote in the dust on his guitar. It was wandering over to the nearby pub, where we've never been, to watch the football game. It was being pleasantly surprised that it was also karaoke night. It was feeling popular when random girls asked if they could sing with me when my song came up -- Journey, Don't Stop Believin', of course. It was drinking three hundred beers before wrapping the night up with some Boston [More Than a Feeling]. 

Saturday was a write off. A three-hour nap before watching our Roughriders win, and watch grown men beat each other senseless at a friends' place. 

It was a whirlwind weekend of music, football, friends and a bit [maybe more than a bit] of a hangover. It was a weekend that made my heart swell and my knees go weak. A weekend where you want to say, "I love you" so many more times but it just seems like overkill. 

It's a weekend that makes the resulting week of reading worth it.

9 comments:

Sara Rae said...

Karaoke makes any weekend awesome.

Anonymous said...

*sigh* this sounds so wonderful! I can almost feel the happy. *hug* xo

Mandy said...

I love weekends like this, that make you feel so loved and lucky to have such amazing people in your life.

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic weekend. Hopefully you'll have more like this one in your future :)

Kyla Roma said...

Oh you're a crib player too?? I suck at it, but I love playing. We need to find a facebook app so we can throw down!

Sarah said...

Haha. Oh man, I just finished posting about Sparta and my lame preference for staying home and playing board games. I SO wish you lived closer so we could have old-person double dates!

Anyway, what a great weekend and a warm fuzzy post for a chilly fall day. Well done, you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! :)

Leah said...

Sounds ... perfect!! What a great weekend, I love being in love and hearts bursting with a million "I love you"s.

Emily Jane said...

What a beautiful weekend :) Our Friday nights sound frightfully similar to yours - downloaded TV, a bottle of wine and a game or two of Scrabble - but you gotta love when you have one totally out of the ordinary, and how wonderful you feel for the entire week afterwards :)

PS. Hi! I'm definitely going to start reading :)