Sunday, October 18, 2009

Jitters

I'm a bundle of nervous energy. It may or may not be the full contents of the French press inside my stomach. It may or may not be the very exciting Skype conversation I had this morning, about a web project that rocks my political nerd world. It may or may not be the fact that my Masters program went live yesterday, and begins officially tomorrow. It may or may not be the fact that I've been so totally overwhelmed at work, both in a good way and in a not so good way, over the past week. It probably has something to do with the fact that one of my most favourite people in the world is finally following me across the country -- even if it is to Calgary. A three-hour drive is way cooler than a five-hour plane trip.

On another note: the Boy and I have been very popular lately, which is exciting after becoming hermits in September. It was necessary to have some kind of post-summer break, but now we're back out in the world... and finding out that bowling too much may make your butt hurt.

Note to self: don't consume copious amounts of Bubbles before going to Beerfest. Drunk face.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Hope things are more peaceful this week. Congratulations on starting your masters program! Thats very exciting. I've missed your blogging the past few weeks.

Kyla Roma said...

Aw! Looks like a lot of fun! Good luck with your masters program!

Kaye Bee said...

I love this!!!

Leah said...

Woo, Masters! Congratulations. And I see no drunk faces in that photo, only two smiling, pretty girs!

Sarah said...

Ooh la la. Sounds like a very exciting time! And really, if that's your drunk face, remind me never to stand beside you for photos at the bar. It would be, "Ah there's Elle Bee and her friend...what is that?"

Leanne said...

Sarah, it's only pretty because I opted to show this one and not one of the dozen I attempted to take later in the night of me and B. They were just scary.